Re: CARGO_CRATE_DEPENDS issue

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 16:16:37 +0000
voidpin <voidpin%protonmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile a Rust package that depends on curl-sys 0.4.39+curl-7.74.0
>
> The issue is that having CARGO_CRATE_DEPENDS+= curl-0.4.34+curl-7.74.0,
> as extracted from the package Cargo.lock,
> makes fetch trying to get the source at,
> https://crates.io/api/v1/crates/curl-sys/7.74.0/download
> which is wrong.
>
> The correct url is
>
> Anyone knows what the correct CARGO_CRATE_DEPENDS line would be?

Nothing wrong with the CARGO_CRATE_DEPENDS line; however, because the
cargo.mk logic doesn't understand the "+" pattern, you must supplement
the Makefile with a manual SITES line:

SITES.curl-sys-0.4.39+curl-7.74.0.crate+= -https://crates.io/api/v1/crates/curl-sys/0.4.39+curl-7.74.0/download

See also wip/spotifyd, crate wasi-0.9.0+wasi-snapshot-preview1 for a
complete example exhibiting the same issue.

-Tobias