Re: New package: wip/krusader-kf5

Róbert Bagdán <kikadf.01%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I have added a new kf5 based krusader [1] package to the pkgsrc-wip
> repository as krusader-kf5. Already has a krusader pkg in pkgsrc-wip,
> which is an older KDE4 based version. I build krusader-kf5 on
> NetBSD-9.1 amd64 with pkgsrc-2020Q4, works for me, I don't find any
> problem.
>
> Could you review and commit it to pkgsrc if found good?
>
> [1] On pkgsrc-wip:
> https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=tree;f=krusader-kf5;hb=HEAD
> https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc-wip/tree/master/krusader-kf5

I don't use kde but I took a quick look.  pkglint is happy.  I hope you
built with PKG_DEVELOPER=yes; if not please do.

Strictly, wip is supposed to build against pkgsrc-current, but I suspect
if it builds with Q4 it will be fine.

My impression is that kde4 is ancient and becoming irrelevant.  Thus it
probably makes sense to have this package just be krusader and the kde4
version either be named -kde4 or just deleted and this renamed to
krusader.   Essentially, as if you updated the kde4 version to the
modern version.  Looking at wip/krusader history, there are a lot of
maintenance commits not about krusader and then I find

  commit 175c5834efb27517485f6d0b1c6012f5f5bb31a9
  Author: Mark Davies <mark%ecs.vuw.ac.nz@localhost>
  Date:   Sat Nov 14 23:32:43 2009 +0000

      Add krusader 2.1.0-beta1

which is a long time ago. In main pkgsrc the history is

        Added krusader-1.40 [markd 2004-08-03]
        Updated krusader to 1.50 [markd 2004-11-29]
        Updated sysutils/krusader to 1.51 [markd 2005-02-09]
        Updated sysutils/krusader to 1.70.0 [markd 2006-05-25]
        Updated sysutils/krusader to 1.70.1 [markd 2006-08-29]
        Updated sysutils/krusader to 1.70.1nb2 [markd 2007-01-26]
        Updated sysutils/krusader to 1.80.0 [markd 2007-08-15]
        Updated sysutils/krusader to 1.90.0 [markd 2008-10-15]
        Removed sysutils/krusader [wiz 2017-09-26]

so I would say it's totally fine to just make wip/krusader be your
package and don't worry about it.

If there is a culture in kde that packages should have a -kf5 suffix and
most other packaging systems (including GNU/Linux distributions) do
that, then it seems we should match.

I don't follow the kf5.mk inclusion, because it sets MASTER_SITES as
well, but it does seem to be the right think.  It would be nice if
someone(tm) added some comments to kf5.mk explaining the plan.

We put docs under ${PREFIX}/share/doc/${PKGNAME} more or less.  There
are some doc files installed in strange paths.

I see in the PLIST: share/examples/kde-xdg/kio_isorc
and that strikes me as odd but maybe it's ok.

In general it would be good to go over the PLIST and make sure that 1)
everything is included only if it should be installed and 2) everything
is in the pkgsrc-standard location.  (I believe you that this is what
the build installs right now.)

Greg