Re: musicpd and c++ requirements

On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 12:16:01PM +0000, nia wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 10:30:10AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 09:28:19AM +0000, nia wrote:
> > > I'd been avoiding updating musicpd because the new version requires
> > > C++17 so needs a compiler newer than the base NetBSD 9 one. since then,
> > > it's been updated and no longer works on armv7 because the pkgsrc version
> > > of gcc8 doesn't work there.
> > >
> > > I wonder what the best solution here is, import an old version of musicpd
> > > with a lower c++ standard requirement?
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better to get at least one of the newer gcc packages to
> > work on arm?
> >  Thomas
>
> I don't understand the problem, libgcc_s.so.1 gets miscompiled without
> an ELF .gnu.version section somehow.

I lowered the GCC requirement to 7, gcc7 seems fine for c++17.

I didn't realize, but upstream gcc contained no support for NetBSD
ARM EABI at all. It was upstreamed in gcc 10, with this patch:

https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/commit/b27c10823418d58d70274ee3a7378e1aca21d418

But gcc10 still fails for other reasons (related to libunwind?)