Re: pkgsrc categories

On Jan 6, 11:26, Frederic Fauberteau wrote:
}
} I searched bdftopcf in the pkgsrc tree and I naturally looked in
} the converters directory (because of aaa "to" bbb). But I only
} found converters/bdf2psf and converters/bdf2sfd. find /usr/pkgsrc/
} -type d -name "bdftopcf" has given me the right information:
} fonts/bdftopcf. The DESC file explained why it is in the fonts
} directory: it is a tool to convert fonts. But converters/bdf2psf
} and converters/bdf2sfd are font converters too. I think it would
} be more consistent if these 3 tools where is the same directory.
} Personally, I would favours the converters directory. Is there
} any objection not to move fonts/bdftopcf to converters/bdftopcf?

     As others have mentioned, this kind of churn just causes
headaches.

     Others have mentioned how you can search by pkgname.  However,
I will just add to the suggestions that there is a very nice pkgsrc
search engine at http://pkgsrc.se/ .

}-- End of excerpt from Frederic Fauberteau