py-test and 27

I am trying to build/test bup (for a release that hasn't happened, won't
be in Q4), and it now needs py-test.  bup supports 27 and now, just
about safely, 3x, but I 'd like to be able to test 27.

However py-test has been upgraded to a version that doesn't support 27.
This seems surprising for what seems like a foundational tool in the
python world.

I'm unclear on the details of how we deal with versioned dependencies,
and probably this shouldn't happen in freeze, but I would appreciate it
if Someone could add a 27 version of py-test once we come out.

Or perhaps I am missing something, in which case a clue would be appreciated.