Re: Problems on macOS 11/aarch64

Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> writes:

> OK, I understand. Will try to build some things the upstream way.
> I was hoping some error messages would ring a bell to someone and maybe
> just need some pkgsrc tweaking.
>
> But the multimedia/libaom patch is a pkgsrc problem, I'd say.

I'm not 100% clear on why those existing lines are there, but it
certainly is incrementally reasonable to add in another case.

I am not sure why runtime cpu detection needs to be forced off in the
first place; that itself seems like an upstream bug.

There's another typical issue, but I'm not sure it is relevant here:
some programs depend on the CPU used to run the program matching the one
in the build environment, rather than respecting the compiler flags and
configuration.

I applied Mark's patch and did a test-build on NetBSD 9/amd64.  It looks
safe to me so I committed it.