Re: security/mozilla-rootcerts and mozilla-rootcerts-openssl

+David Holland because he probably has opinions.

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 4:45 PM Ryo ONODERA <ryo%tetera.org@localhost> wrote:
> pkgsrc/security/mozilla-rootcerts/MESSAGE contains the following
> explanation.
>
> > Execute this command to extract and rehash all CA root certificates
> > distributed by the Mozilla Project, so that they can be used by third
> > party applications using OpenSSL. It also creates a single file
> > certificate bundle in PEM format which can be used by applications using
> > GnuTLS.
> >
> >        # mozilla-rootcerts install

I added this command. Before "mozilla-rootcerts install" existed, the
MESSAGE gave a list of a dozen steps to follow, which I converted into
a shell script.

No one has ever fully explained to me why a separate
mozilla-rootcerts-openssl is needed. Installing mozilla-rootcerts and
running the command should be enough.

--
Benny