Timeout on configure stage

Hi all,

Still trying to get a full bulk build going on macOS/aarch64, I hit
upon a hang in textproc/ja-groff. I found that one of its configure
tests ('checking for working mmap...') hangs on a read() on this
configuration.

Putting the specifics of that issue aside, it seems problematic to
me that this locks up the entire bulk build. I suggest implementing
a timeout on the configure stage of say, 10 minutes, to rule out
this mode of breakage. Would that be ok?

Sijmen