Re: www/firefox on NetBSD/aarch64

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 13:36:29 +0900 (JST)
Jun Ebihara <jun%soum.co.jp@localhost> wrote:

> www/firefox on NetBSD/aarch64:
>
> /mnt/aarch64/pkgsrc/www/firefox/work.aarch64/firefox-82.0/js/src/jit/arm64/vixl/MozCpu-vixl.cpp:46:6: error:
>       "Missing platform-specific declarations for membarrier syscall!"
> #    error "Missing platform-specific declarations for membarrier syscall!"

It seems to use a Linux specific syscall to force all the sibling
threads to flush their ICache for background JIT purposes. We don't
have anything like that to my knowledge. But it looks like we can
comment out this code and make CanFlushICacheFromBackgroundThreads
return false. I will test and commit if that works OK.