Re: Rust 1.46.0 update

Hi,

Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

>>> I've (cross-)built and uploaded bootstrap kits for NetBSD/aarch64 9.0,
>>> NetBSD/earmv7hf-el 9.0, NetBSD/powerpc 8.0 (also have for 9.0) and
>>> NetBSD/sparc64 8.0 for rust version 1.45.2.
>>
>> Did you build those static?
>
> I do not know how to build these statically, so "no".
> I welcome guidance for how to do this the proper way with rust;
> the build system isn't like anything else...
>
>> If not, do the bootstrap kits for 8 work on 9?

I think that the following CONFIGURE_ARGS should be
added when building bootstrap kits:

--enable-llvm-static-stdcpp
--enable-cargo-native-static

I have not tested the latest rust release...

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo%tetera.org@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3