Re: Bootstrapping pkgsrc with a compiler

On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 08:53:03AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I think the prerequisites are an issue.  I think that usually we can get
> away with it, but with C++ there is no guarantee of ABI stability and
> thus technically what you want to do is undefined behavior.

I have a bit of trouble with generic statemens like this.

Maybe it helps if we compile a list of actual ABI breakage points and
attribute them properly? Like the switch in string handling in gcc's
libstdc++ on NetBSD (and I already forgot when this happened - from
netbsd-8 to netbsd-9?) But this should not matter for any other
compiler's libstdc++ nor for gcc on any other platform.

Martin