Re: pkgsrc C compiler

On 2020-07-02 13:11, Edgar Fuß wrote:
Handling GCC dependencies is the main issue and they change frequently.
They seem also to depend on the base system and gcc options.

Worse, these dependencies may install libraries implemented in C++, which then
have been built with the wrong gcc and thus need to be discarded for the rest
of the build, no?
That's a reasonable hypothesis, but I haven't seen any ABI issues when doing this on CentOS in recent years.  I've been running a similar setup on NetBSD 8 and that has also been smooth.

Best,

    JB