Re: Fix subst SUBST_NOOP_OK?=yes fallout

On 23.06.2020 15:20, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
* On 2020-06-23 at 12:49 BST, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

Ok?  I'm slightly wary that I appear to be the only person seeing this
as it's pretty spectacular breakage, so hence wondering if it's a
pdksh nuance, but I at least don't see that there's any harm in adding
this in lieu of a better-understood fix.

Thanks for the detailed analysis, I'm totally fine with the fix.

So it does appear to be specific pdksh.  If you have the following:

> [...]
I guess we chalk up one more reason to start looking for alternatives
to pdksh after the freeze, but will still need to program defensively
for quite some time until it is eradicated.

Can you run the following lines before and after the fix? Just to make
sure that the subst.mk test suite would have caught this pdksh bug.

cd regress/infra-unittests
sh subst.sh

How to make people run the test suite is a totally different question
though.

Roland