Re: py-cryptodome and py-crypto

> These packages have extremely similar PLISTs and conflict, which currently
> means calibre can't build.
>
> Is cryptodome a clear successor to crypto, and should packages be updated
> to use it?

py-crypto is no longer maintained.

py-cryptodome can be used as a replacement for py-crypto, as it provides the same interface.

py-cryptodomex is exactly the same as py-cryptodome, but has a different module name, so you "import cryptodome" instead of "import crypto".

I suggest we switch everything we can to py-cryptodome and remove py-crypto.

Kind regards,
Adam