Re: fragile pre-freeze packages

nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> some proposals

Thanks - those look sensible.

> 	it makes sense to hold back on updates prior to a freeze UNLESS
> 	you can run a full bulk build on your private tree and fix any
> 	fallout before committing.

This is sort of what "without PMC approval means".   I can certainly see
allowing updates that have been well tested and that we as a group are
comfortable with.

> gmake
> 	will require a full bulk build with all problems fixed
> 	regardless of freeze status.

That seems troubled enough to be in the 'always needs approval' bucket,
at least until we aren't scared of the new version like we are now.