Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/lang/rust

* On 2020-06-08 at 11:59 BST, Greg Troxel wrote:

> >> It certainly builds on NetBSD/amd64 8.0.
> >> It also cross-builds for NetBSD/sparc64 8.0 on the above.
> >>
> >> My build on NetBSD/i386 8.0 has been going for 8h, but won't be
> >> finished before another 5 hours or so.
> >
> > Regrettably, the NetBSD/i386 8.0 build did not succeed, ref.
> >
> >   https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/73117
> >
> > which I just submitted.  Is that sufficient reason to revert back
> > down to 1.43.1?

Is this actually a failure for you?  I see the same thing on SmartOS,
and have noted it in the bug report, but it's not a required tool
(note "is_optional_tool"):

    < ToolBuild { compiler: Compiler { stage: 2, host: "x86_64-sun-solaris" }, target: "x86_64-sun-solaris", tool: "miri", path: "src/tools/miri", mode: ToolRustc, is_optional_tool: true, source_type: Submodule, extra_features: [] }

and so the build actually succeeds:

  Build completed successfully in 0:56:43

Maybe this explains why you saw it build on the other platforms, if
you ran "install" and didn't happen to notice the error go past at the
end of the build phase.