Re: pkgsrc on alpine linux (non-gnu userland) - trip report

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 10:27:22PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> On 28.05.2020 17:12, nia wrote:
> > okay but i want my vm to work though.
> >

> Does it work if you specify:
>
> ./bootstrap --prefer-pkgsrc yes
>
> If not, then we should build flex as a pkgsrc tool.

Yes, I bootstrapped with --prefer-pkgsrc and flex wasn't built

flex has:

USE_TOOLS+=	bash:build

and

USE_TOOLS+=	gmake

This makes it unsuitable for building during bootstrap IMO,
but the comments make it seem like those are only needed to
build and run the test suite... so why are they unconditional?