Re: pkgin failed texlive upgrade

* On 2020-05-17 at 07:56 BST, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> I wonder if we need to provide this successor information to pkgin.
> I think we already have a couple of variables for that, like
>
> PREV_PKGPATH
> SUPERSEDES

Yeh this is a feature request that I've wanted to implement for a while,
but first I want to overhaul the internals a bit more so that it's a lot
easier to do so.

PREV_PKGPATH doesn't necessarily imply SUPERSEDES, but both should be
added by package developers where necessary so that once the tooling has
support for them everything should work.

--
Jonathan Perkin       www.perkin.org.uk
github.com/jperkin  twitter.com/jperkin