Re: Re-enabling cups option in gtk3

On Fri, 15 May 2020 20:01:34 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I am assuming this means gtk3+ can depend on libcups only, and
>   - not install bin/lpr lpq and so on
>   - not install cupsd and config files

Not sure if it matters, but I remember reading that upstream explicitly
does not support cups installations without a local cupsd.

The explanation sounded hand-wavy to me at the time, as in "everybody
should be able to run a local printer", and we do not enable cupsd on
Arch clients @work that print to a central cups server. But that's the
official position.

Cheerio,
Hauke