Re: Please help to fix outdated SUBST blocks

On 04.05.2020 13:26, Patrick Welche wrote:
I see adwaita-icon-theme in Jonathan's list. I can argue the case both
ways - thoughts?

$ cat adwaita-icon-theme.pc.in
Name: gnome-icon-theme
Version: @VERSION@
Requires:
Libs:
Cflags:

so it contains no variables that need to be overridden => get rid
of the PKGCONFIG_OVERRIDE.

In the unlikely event that a variable is added, I wouldn't see the
event ".pc file added" which would trigger "must check overrides",
I would just install an unsanitized .pc file => just leave it.

I changed SUBST_NOOP_OK._pkgconfig to yes since this affects 9 of the
top 10 from the latest bulk build.  Because fixing the pkg-config files
is such a basic operation that is done so often, we will notice any bugs
in that general pattern quickly.

There's nothing left to do right now than to wait for the next bulk
build results, which will contain much more interesting cases.

Roland