Re: lang/gcc7, precompiled headers, and ASLR

(I wrote a reply but I don't see it appear... let's try again with an
addition)

On Tue 07 Apr 2020 at 15:55:42 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> On Tue 07 Apr 2020 at 15:40:46 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > In pkgsrc/lang/gcc7 I see patches to add host-netbsd.c but not the file
> > itself. Compare to lang/gcc48 where you see
> > patches/patch-gcc_config_host-netbsd.c.
>
> I'll put it on my list to add that to gcc7 and see what happens.
> Thanks.

It turns out that not only `patch-gcc_config_host-netbsd.c` was missing,
but also `patch-gcc_config.host`.

The latter one actually makes sure that `host-netbsd.c` is built and
used. Without it, the change in `patch-gcc_config_x-netbsd` to add a
build rule for it, doesn't force it to be built. It also explains why
having an incomplete set of patches doesn't cause build errors.

I'll add the two patches to lang/gcc7. It seems unfortunately that I
also need to bump the revision of gcc7-libs when I bump gcc7.

> Martin
-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on