Re: mail/mutt and BDB_ACCEPTED

Am April 7, 2020 8:12:12 PM UTC schrieb Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost>:
>On Tue 07 Apr 2020 at 15:25:18 +0200, Olaf Seibert wrote:
>> It turned out in the end that "../../mk/bdb.buildlink3.mk" was
>> prematuredly included, before BDB_ACCEPTED was set. Indeed it
>happened
>> as early as somewhere during the
>>
>> .include "../../mk/bsd.options.mk"
>>
>> near the top of the file.
>
>How do other people debug this sort of stuff?

What about adding this in bdb.buildlink3.mk:

    .READONLY: BDB_ACCEPTABLE

This would do nothing right now but the corresponding check could be implemented in bmake and pkglint. Bash or even sh already has a readonly command, so this is nothing conceptually new.

Adding this check to bmake would be backwards-compatible. That's why I chose the above syntax rather that the straight-forward:

    .readonly BDB_ACCEPTED

Some people use pkgsrc with NetBSD's /usr/bin/make and I'd like to continue supporting that. I don't know how backwards-compatible pkgsrc intends to be in this regard. Is /usr/bin/make from NetBSD 1.6 still supported? I don't think this is written down anywhere.

Roland