Re: Please import some patches for breakage in 2019Q4 (or verify it's gone in 2020Q1)

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 01:11:55AM +0100, Dr. Thomas Orgis wrote:
> 2. devel-subversion-plaintext.patch
>
> Since pkgsrc is not afraid to patch things and diverting from upstream
> defaults, I ask to re-enable the option to store plaintext passwords as
> it was with earlier releases of subversion. There are not that many
> use-cases left for subversion (pkgsrc will migrate from CVS to git at
> some point … or is there a soft spot for fossil? mercurial? darcs?),
> one of them is automated checkouts/commits combined with hierarchical
> repository permissions. This is needlessly destroyed by current
> upstream default. Note that subversion still kicks and screams at you
> for using that option at runtime, so security consciousness is assured.

I think we should follow upstream defaults especially in this case, so
I made it a default-off option you can enable on your systems.

> 9. math-R-gstat-no-blas-needed.patch
>
> Doesn't need BLAS. So don't depend on it.

Hm, I see this:

work/gstat/src/Makevars:PKG_LIBS = $(LAPACK_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS) $(FLIBS)

(and some more matches for blas in the sources) so it looks like it
does use BLAS?

BLAS is installed via the dependencies anyway.
 Thomas