GSoC 2020 Project - creating .deb packages

Hi,

as discussed earlier I want to work on the project proposed to create .deb packages in https://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/debpkg/
As someone had doubts on .deb creation, rephrasing my answer here: I think deb format is
still relevant and that more current solutions by Canonical etc come with their own set of problems.
Having worked in Guix and partial / long exposure to Nix I read my fair share of criticism of Snap
but have my own criticism on Nix and Guix as well. The amount of installations running systems with
apt and compatible package managers out there is still high enough to make deb relevant in 2020.

I'll send a full project proposal once I have looked at the one from last year I have sent,
including milestones etc.

I suspect since I'm already a NetBSD dev we can skip the getting warm with the project and introducing myself phase?

Also note for possible mentors, if it's of any concern for GSoC, there's a divergence between the name on my university enrollment (ID name) and the name I use elsewhere (ie here) (I'm working on fixing that eventually).

Cheers,
Nikita (nikita@ (formerly ng0@))