Re: graphics/gegl: fixing MacOS issues

Am 25.02.2020 um 05:41 schrieb Brook Milligan <brook%nmsu.edu@localhost>:

> This still seems problematic to me and is not necessary as far as I can see, at least for gimp to run.  Please advise on the wisdom of this if Apple really is dropping OpenCL.

It has been deprecated together with OpenGL, but both have not been removed. I suppose the fallout would be too big, and Apple just uses deprecated as "will not be updated" here. Usually, Apple deprecates and then removes on the next release. This means Catalina should have dropped it, but it didn't. So far, there are no signs that Apple is removing OpenCL and OpenGL, so I'd say let's keep it until they actually do - by that time, there might also be updated upstream that uses Metal 2 instead.

--
Jonathan