Re: c++ undeclared symbols in lang/openjdk11

On Sat 04 Jan 2020 at 21:01:16 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> writes:
>
> > I have now built (NetBSD 8.1/amd64, gcc7-7.4.0nb3) with the following
> > patch, and it completed successfully. I would expect gcc (nb3 20180905)
> > 5.5.0 from 8.1's base to work as well, but I have not tried it yet.
> > If somebody can confirm that before I can, I would propose to add this
> > patch.
>
> That sounds fine to me.   Please include a comment explaining the
> rationale with a link the bug you just filed with upstream.

I just finished a build with gcc 5.5.0 (from 8.1) and it built fine with
the patch. I noticed I had for some reason that I did not remember
disabled gcc7 for openjdk8; that may have been due to the same issue.
I'll check.

> Also, and this is probably much harder, in pkgsrc we like to not use
> copies of other packages that are included like this, and basically
> patch the openjdk build to use pkgsrc harfbuzz.  There are a lot of
> dragons lurking there, and I don't mean to demand in the slightest that
> you make this work.  I am merely pointing out that aspirational goal.

Yes, I can try to have a look at it. I don't guarantee anthing. I
already ranted (I'm pretty sure) how java's build process is much more
complicated than it should be (there is no good reason why a bytecode
compiler should need a machine dependent bootstrap kit). There seem to
be some more candidates for splitting out in
openjdk-jdk11u-jdk-11.0.5-10-1/src/java.desktop/share/native; at least
libfreetype and liblcms.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on