Re: isc-AUTHOR (Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/licenses

Makoto Fujiwara writes:
> Hi, I've added new license file, was it OK ?

Hello Makoto,

> At updating sysutils/bfs, I needed to add LICENSE as pkglint flags.
>
> The bfs source tree has COPYING file, and it is really similar to
> isc license. But isc one  has ISC string recorded, so I've changed it
> to AUTHOR, which bfs-1.5.1/COPYING has.
>
> And committed to isc-AUTHOR.
> Please issue command
>   cd /usr/pkgsrc/licenses;
>   cwdiff isc isc-AUTHOR

Apart ISC/author change the other (more) significant change in the
license of sysutils/bfs seems to be a missing part in the first
paragraph (in `[...]' parts that are only in isc):

 | Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any
 | purpose with or without fee is hereby granted [, provided that the above
 | copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies].

IMHO it's okay and safe to just reuse `isc' as LICENSE and remove
`isc-AUTHOR' one.

(But please wait for other possible feedbacks/comments!)

Thanks!