Versioned TeXlive distfiles

As a result of my inquiry several months ago, TeXlive is now rolling out versioned distfiles.  Here is one example: https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/bxjscls.doc.r52927.tar.xz.  The old (unversioned) file names will now refer to symbolic links to the versioned files.  It may take awhile for all the files to show up on the CTAN mirrors.

I think they are also making these files reproducible so that checksums will no longer arbitrarily change, but I am not certain how far this has progressed.

I think we can start work on removing some of the special handling of TeXlive packages, though.

Cheers,
Brook