Re: lang/python/tool.mk: allow setting the desired executable name

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 04:05:51PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Should it perhaps even default to python3 for python-3.x and python2
> for python-2.x?
>
> What I worry about is that programs might expect them to be around at
> runtime as well, and then we don't notice the problem at build time.
>  Thomas

It would be nice to detect and automatically create links for both,
e.g. ".buildlink/bin/python2" and ".buildlink/bin/python" when Python 2
is required.

Runtime issues should be noticed by either check-interpreter or
"it doesn't run on my system without python symlinks". If your system
does have symlinks set up for python, it will quietly build successfully
without tool.mk, but will fail on standard configurations.