Re: libidn2 question

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 20:41:58 +0000
ng0 <ng0%n0.is@localhost> wrote:

> Niclas Rosenvik transcribed 437 bytes:
> > On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 17:58:09 +0000
> > ng0 <ng0%n0.is@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > > If you grep in this file:
> > > https://d.n0.is/pub/tmp/gnunet0118_pkgsrc_config.log
> > >
> > > for idn2, you can see that for some reason it is failing
> > > to get detected. So my question is, is the error on my
> > > side with the gnunet hat on, or on the pkgsrc side?
> > >

> > at the bottom of that file is
> > libidn:                         libidn2
> >
> > doesn't that mean that it detects libidn2??
> >

> Yes and no.
> This just evaluates the last value of HAVE_LIBIDN2 or
> similar values.
> Part of why I'm confused is because tests don't find it,
> okay this happens with some parts of the tests because
> the default autotools tests don't include some headers
> we need on NetBSD - it's on my list of things to fix.
> But the tests which indicate that libidn2 is present
> trigger a switch to true for libidn2. If only libidn(1)
> would be present, libidn(1) would be selected and
> libidn2 disregarded.
> So what is happening with the build then when there
> is no issue outside of pkgsrc (same machine, can build
> with libidn2 just fine)?
>
> Do you have any idea what I could be looking into, pkgsrc
> and libidn2 related?
>
> Thanks!
I don't know really but I believe that the problem is in the configure
script. Setting --with-libidn2 makes configure search for idna.h when
it should search for idn2.h. I tried using --with-libidn=no without
setting --with-libidn2, that makes configure search for idn2.h after
it finds libidn2. --with-libidn2 disables search of idn2.h for me at
least. And for me it is the same behavior of I call ./configure
directly as if I run bmake configure. You can try to have
--with-libidn=no in options.mk instead of
--with-libidn2=${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.libidn2} and see how that works.
I know its a little backwards to have the idn option turn of libidn but
it seems to work.