Re: UTF-8 cleanliness

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 03:24:30PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
> On 2019-09-16 18:10, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> > I would prefer to normalize to ASCII as such things tend to break across
> > filesystems/setups/archives etc.
>
> I would like to second that.

You are talking about filenames, I am pretty sure the original question was
about what is in the files.

For pkgsrc filenames I agree - ascii should be enough. For content, I don't
see why we would support anything but UTF8 (and that only in certain fields,
so the original question IMHO was a very interesting one).

Martin