Re: $ORIGIN

* On 2019-08-08 at 12:50 BST, Patrick Welche wrote:

> What does pkgsrc do to $ORIGIN and why?

Removes it completely, because we are explicit in our registration of
dependencies, rather than leaving to where the binary happens to be
placed in order to find things.

Yes, this sometimes causes problems with running things out of the
build area, but for those situations it's fine to set a temporary
LD_LIBRARY_PATH with the exact locations of where to find things.