String offset errors on evbarm 8.99 [PR 54159]

Hello,

When compiling packages for earmv7hf and NetBSD 8.99.50, some shared
libraries created provoke the following type of messages from ld:

somelib.so: invalid string offset 2371 >= 25 for section `.strtab

(FWIW, the offset increases with the record while the stated size of
the section doesn't.)

I have tried to reduce a test case to the minimum, using for example:

security/p11-kit

that exhibits the problem but when I compile and
assemble in a shared library invoking directly the compiler, there
is no problem (and I have no problem with my own programs and shared
libraries using the native tool-chain or the cross-compiled
tool-chain; and cross-compiling the whole NetBSD distribution doesn't
exhibit the problem either).

So it seems that the problem is created by the invocation of libtool.

I do not use libtool and don't fancy diving into it and its relations
to the pkgsrc framework.

If someone with more knowledge than me (not difficult) about libtool
and pkgsrc could have a look to see if the version of libtool
furnished/requested by pkgsrc is not up-to-date with the version
of binutils shipping with 8.99 or if there are some libtool options
that can not be used with earmv7(hf) it will, IMHO, help to solve
the issue.

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/