Re: Bring BLAS into pkgsrc, pt. II

Am Tue, 30 Jul 2019 09:40:25 -0500
schrieb Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost>:

> Please review the changes I made and the comments within.  Once we have
> it finalized, I'll begin the process of getting it approved and
> committing it.

OK, I see one question you raise:

+#  TODO: Should this be all currently supported implementations?
+#        See User-settable variables above.
+PKGSRC_BLAS_TYPES?= ${_BLAS_TYPES}

Since we see this only in the context of installing dependencies, it
makes sense not to limit the list by default. If the user selects a
package that insists on a certain BLAS, it should normally get it
installed as dependency, like the others.

So I say yes to your suggestion and I don't see further items that need
discussion. We know that TODOs should be dealt with … but adding
external MKL, for example, should come after introducing the BLAS
support at all.

Thanks for working on the file while I enjoyed a brief time out;-)

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis