updating pkgsrc R packages

I am planning to update a bunch (all?) of the R packages in pkgsrc.  First, does anyone feel that this is inappropriate?  Second, it would be much easier to do this in a single commit; however, I intend to do it package-by-package (although not necessarily in dependency order) to be easier to isolate any fallout.  Does anyone have further suggestions regarding this?  I'm asking because this will likely touch 150+ packages.

Cheers,
Brook