Re: GCC g++ 4.4.7 does not accept -std=c++03

Ryo ONODERA <ryo%tetera.org@localhost> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your response and
> I have found that I had sent income message.
>
> textproc/hunspell has USE_LANGUAGES=c++03 line and fails with the error on CentOS 6.10.

That leads to --std=c++03.   That seems ok, but you are using a compiler
which does not support that flag, and may or may not actually support
c++03.

See
  https://netbsd.org/~bacon/auto-pkgsrc-setup
for scripts to work around older compilers on GNU/Linux by building a
newer one.

Or, you can try to modify pkgsrc to pass a different flag.  If you just
want to build yourself, and not commit the change, you can hack
mk/compiler.mk near line 179; search for _CXX_VERSION_REQD=.
Basically, when the language is c++03, pass in --std=c++0x instead.