Re: librsvg

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 01:59:34PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > I really doubt that OS x ARCH is sufficient, as I am pretty sure that if
 > I tried to build rust on netbsd-6 it would fail.  And if not, netbsd-5
 > would probably fail.  I realize that there are systems we "don't
 > support", but I think we should correctly return the "is-rust-ok"
 > predicate, so they run the shiny version of things like librsvg.
 >
 > But as you say, this should be done in one place.
 >
 > For this reason, I would lean to just setting "PLATFORM_SUPPORTS_RUST"
 > to yes or no, and not try to enumerate the set of supported platforms,
 > because while OS x ARCH is ok, OS x ARCH x VERSION gets big.

I wonder if there's a reasonable syntax we can invent to allow writing
extended globs that include numeric (or rather, pkgsrc-dewey)
comparisons. So instead of NetBSD-*-x86_64, one might write
NetBSD-{>=7.0}-x86_64.

There are various places in pkgsrc where having this in make would be
helpful...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost