Re: distfile renaming - éclaire-moi, svp

> On May 14, 2019, at 7:04 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> I am shocked, shocked that it's something on github where you are having
> this need.

It's not strictly necessary -- it's just that I know of a potential file name collision with another package as well (this is for some u-boot stuff where I need to download some board vendor-specific binary blobs).

ryo@'s suggestion seems to have sort-of-worked, but there's something not quite right with it that I didn't have time to debug last night.  I'll take another look tonight.

> Consider DIST_SUBDIR as a way to isolate things with non-global names,
> even though the purpose is to isolate things from the same package with
> varying contents under the same name.

Yes, the only problem with that is that there is one distfile that's shared by other u-boot packages (the u-boot sources themselves) that I *don't* want to isolate away, so I'm really looking for something with finer granularity.

-- thorpej