Re: Script pkg_tsort

tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost writes:

> Here is a simple Bourne shell script that takes what is currently
> installed on a node, takes the build dependencies and the running
> dependencies and produce a series of records in topological order
> with the following fields:

pkg_rolling-replace does a bit of this.  If you end up packaging it, it
might make sense to depend on it instead.

With the -n option, it doesn't do the replaces, but will more or less
produce a list of what it would have udpatd.

It looks like your script finds the run and build dependencies of the
installed version.  pkg_rr finds the run and build dependencies of the
new version, and now recently the tool dependencies also.   I don't know
how you'd do that without running make show-depends three times.