packages with unrecorded dependencies?

After wrestling with the plethora of "libstdc++.so.*" versions, I scanned
all of "/usr/pkg" with 'ldd' looking for binaries or libraries with
unresolved linkages ("-lfoo* not found").  On my netbsd-8/amd64 system
with pkgsrc-2019Q1 I found:

/usr/pkg/bin/xindy.run:
        -lreadline.7 not found
        -lavcall.1 not found
        -lcallback.1 not found
        -lsigsegv.2 not found

As it was clearly linked with an old version of readline that had since
been replaced, I set about rebuilding "textproc/xindy".

Lots of stuff got (re)built as it had become uninstalled somehow since
I first built "xindy".  That accounted for the other "not found" libaries.

So, "textproc/xindy" depends on:

  devel/readline
  devel/libffcall
  devel/libsigsegv

And the libraries are listed in 'pkg_info -Q REQUIRES xindy':

  /usr/pkg/lib/libavcall.so.1
  /usr/pkg/lib/libcallback.so.1
  /usr/pkg/lib/libreadline.so.8
  /usr/pkg/lib/libsigsegv.so.2

yet the "xindy" itself did not register a dependency on the packages
listed above.  As such it is possible to remove required libraries out
from under "xindy" and probably render the binary package broken when
installed on a host other than the build host.

(I also ran across numerous unresolved linkages in "openjdk8" and
"libreoffice", but I'm not sure what they represent.)

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD