Re: Building GraphicsMagick without ghostscript

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 at 23:49, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:
>
> > GraphicsMagick can be set to build without ghostscript
> > PKG_OPTIONS.GraphicsMagick=-ghostscript
> > but still pulls in ghostscript at build time due to gs:run
> >
> > The attached should avoid this by only adding gs:run inside the
> > ghostscript option - does this make sense?
>
> It sort of seems too, but have you confirmed that when building with gs
> not visible, it doesn't try to use it, and the package really builds ok?
>
> > Given the switch to agpl ghostscript by default this might be a useful
> > switch for people for this pkgsrc branch...
>
> If you are wanting to commit this now best to ask jperkin explicitly.
>
> If you are just proposing to fix up the -ghostscript option to avoid gs
> harder, and not proposing to change the default (i.e., the patch you
> sent), seems ok to me.  (Changing defaults is a much bigger deal.)

It seems to build and run fine, and can even run 'gm convert foo.png
foo.ps' and generate a valid PostScript file without any ghostscript
installed :)

Committed.

'gm version' does show  "Ghostscript (Library) no" under "Feature
Support", so its definitely changed at least one aspect of the
build...

If people are concerned about AGPL then it may be worth discussing (in
a non hurried fashion) changing that default

Thanks