Re: rust 1.33.0 bootstrap fails on NetBSD/aarch64

* On 2019-03-05 at 10:23 GMT, Havard Eidnes wrote:

> >> Not only that -- some of them are cross-built, and the only way
> >> I've found to tweak RPATH is "natively", which would make putting
> >> together a cross-built bootstrap kit quite cumbersome (and would
> >> in this case require me to get hold of an aarch64 machine).
> >
> > I wonder if we could avoid stripping the $ORIGIN out of the bootstrap
> > binaries. Even on older NetBSD versions where it does not work it should
> > not hurt.
>
> Then someone needs to fix and approve a change to cwrapper; quite
> a bit earlier Ryo told me:
>
> > It is hardcoded in pkgsrc/pkgtools/cwrapper.
> > See:
> > pkgsrc/pkgtools/cwrappers/files/bin/generic-transform-cc.c
> >    314  generic_transform_cc(struct arglist *args)
> > (snip)
> >    438                  if (*path != '/')
> >    439                          continue;
> > (snip)

No, this needs to stay, we cannot have pkgsrc-built binaries having
$ORIGIN in them.

What you can do is similar to the stage0-bootstrap target for SmartOS
and just elfedit (I presume NetBSD has a similar utility) the
resulting binaries to add them afterwards specifically for the
bootstrap tarball and nothing else.