Re: audio/fasttracker2 - Question on version number

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 4:55 AM Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
>
> > pkgsrc supports the string "beta" in version numbers, so perhaps
> > 0.1betaNNN is best.
>
> But, it would be even better if upstream had actual releases that
> weren't beta, and we could just package those.  But if you are putting
> beta in wip to test before releaes, that's of course fine.

The Software has been in beta since it's start (I think), but it is
very functional and get it's job done, I did test it out when I was
trying to initially package the software and getting it to work. When
I bump versions, I usually check in my NetBSD VM if the UI pops up and
the files are played.

Regards
Santhosh