Re: Make WRKOBJDIR for py*- pkgs version specific?

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> Can we please make the WRKOBJDIR for multi-version pkgs include the version
> name?
>
> That is: if I build a few pkgs and on the way there run into py27-expat
> and py37-expat as dependencies (due to me setting PYTHON_DEFAULT_VERSION=37
> and some pkg not accepting that), it would be great if not both of them
> would try to use ..../pkgobj/textprox/py-expat as the work dir.

Agreed that this could be better.

> Instead they could use ..../pkgobj/textprox/py27-expat and
> ..../pkgobj/textprox/py37-expat.

Someting like this seems reasonable to me, assuming there's a patch to
review and we are confident it doesn't break anything.

Are you wanting to change the default of
  /usr/pkgsrc/category/pkg/work
to be
  /usr/pkgsrc/category/pkg/work-PKGNAME
as well?

Using WRKOBJDIR, I think you are proposing to change
  $WRKOBJDIR/cat/pkg
  $WRKOBJDIR/cat/$PKGNAME

I think that could cause trouble because we allow multiple PKGPATH
entries to build the same PKGNAME.

If you mean something that swaps lang-foo to langNN-foo as a
pseudo-PKGPATH for WRKDIR purposes, I can't immediately see any issues,
but it's more complicted.  But so far that seems best to me.

  $WRKOBJDIR/cat/$PKGPATH-$PKGNAME

would work, but will often be overly verbose.