Re: update databases/sqlitebrowser

Brook Milligan <brook%nmsu.edu@localhost> writes:

>> -- Install configuration: "Release"
>> -- Installing: /u0/pkgsrc-current/pkgsrc/databases/sqlitebrowser/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/bin/sqlitebrowser
>> -- Installing: /u0/pkgsrc-current/pkgsrc/databases/sqlitebrowser/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/sqlitebrowser.png
>> -- Installing: /u0/pkgsrc-current/pkgsrc/databases/sqlitebrowser/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/share/applications/sqlitebrowser.desktop
>> -- Installing: /u0/pkgsrc-current/pkgsrc/databases/sqlitebrowser/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/share/appdata/sqlitebrowser.desktop.appdata.xml
>
> So where do the last three lines come from?  They are not in my output, which is on a Mac.
>
> OK, I see.  The CMakeLists.txt file has the following stanza:
>
> if(UNIX AND NOT APPLE)
> 	install(FILES src/icons/${PROJECT_NAME}.png
> 		DESTINATION share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/)
>
> 	install(FILES distri/${PROJECT_NAME}.desktop
> 		DESTINATION share/applications/)
>
> 	install(FILES distri/${PROJECT_NAME}.desktop.appdata.xml
> 		DESTINATION share/appdata/)
> endif(UNIX AND NOT APPLE)
>
> I believe this means the the correct fix is to make part of the PLIST match the "unix and not apple" condition.  Right?

I'mt sure think that's the right fix.  It feels like an upstream bug to
to omit these on APPLE, even if people usuaally don't use a
desktop/window system.

So I'd patch out the "AND NOT APPLE" in the CmakeLists.txt and file a
bug with upstream.  If one is doing a posixy build on a mac, it should
do the normal thing.

But, changing PLIST to be conditional seems ok too, if there is
consensus that those files really should not be installed on a mac, even
under pkgsrc, and even if the program is run over remote X back to
someplace else.