libtool + static library

(If you update automake to 1.16.1 and try to build wip/librsvg...)

*** Warning: Trying to link with static lib archive /current/pkgsrc/wip/librsvg/work/librsvg-2.44.9/target/release/librsvg_internals.a.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because the file extensions .a of this argument makes me believe
*** that it is just a static archive that I should not use here.

How do I convince libtool to do that anyway?