Re: ncurses/builtin.mk

On Nov 22,  7:07am, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
}
} Currently, this builtin.mk file has this bit:
}
} # XXX
} # XXX By default, assume that the native curses on NetBSD systems is
} # XXX good enough to replace ncurses.  In reality, no version of NetBSD
} # XXX has a curses library that can completely replace ncurses; however,
} # XXX some versions implement enough of ncurses that some packages are
} # XXX happy.
} # XXX
} .    if ${OPSYS} == "NetBSD"
} USE_BUILTIN.ncurses=    yes
} H_NCURSES=              /usr/include/curses.h
} .    endif
}
}
} I think there are enough ways to specify it doesn't matter which curses
} library is used. having ncurses/buildink3.mk possibly mean netbsd curses
} is confusing. can we revert that and change any package that doesn't
} care about curses library?

     This type of stanza is in a number of buildlink3.mk files
(i.e. look at databases/openldap-client/buildlink3.mk).  It is
completely normal for buildlink3.mk to make the decision whether
to use the builtin version of something or to use the pkgsrc version.

}-- End of excerpt from coypu%sdf.org@localhost