Re: bin/analyze both in hunspell and go-tools

On 10/20/18 9:26 AM, Benny Siegert wrote:
On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 7:37 AM David Holland
<dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 09:34:02PM +0200, Benny Siegert wrote:
  > I just updated go-tools, which now contains a static analyzer named
  > analyze. Unfortunately, that makes it conflict (accidentally) with
  > hunspell, which also has a bin/analyze.
  >
  > I am not super familiar with hunspell, but it sounds like analyze is
  > an example program and not super useful for end users. Thus, I would
  > like to rename it, say to bin/hunspell-analyze.
  >
  > Opinions?

TBH, I would rename both of them. That's an awfully generic name.
To close the loop on this: the analyze binary in go-tools is now
called as "go tool analyze", and the hunspell one is
bin/hunspell-analyze.

Rather than patch around such things and create differences between pkgsrc and other installations, I would bug upstream in both projects about choosing program names that aren't completely
ambiguous and obvious risks for collisions.

Cheers,

    JB