Re: pkgsrc now frozen in preparation for 2018Q3

On Tuesday 25 September 2018 01:44:21 you wrote:
> If everything goes well I will be cutting the release some time over
> the weekend.

This may be a minor issues for others but given the current state
of pkgsrc I have a number of problems.

Environment:
 NetBSD 8.99.25 (GENERIC) #0: Thu Sep 27 14:10:56 PDT 2018

pkgsrc checked out Sept 26, All packages deleted and rebuilt, not doing
a bulk build, but building the ones I want....  (I haven't had time to
rebuild under 8.99.25, but they were built under 8.99.24.  I updated to
.25 to see if it would resolve the rdesktop build.)

  icewm core dumps and is unusable
  xfwm4 core dumps and is unusable
  xfce4-session core dumps and I'm not sure if it is usable with  xfwm4 problems
  claws-mail fails the ssl/tls handshake to office365 (required to use by my work)
  rdesktop does not compile
  ffmpeg2 doesn't configure -- thinks I'm using the wrong version of git ... but git
       must have been installed by pkgsrc builds because it is there.
  I can't build vlc or any thing else depending on ffmpeg2.
  gnustep-base had build errors which kept ImageViewer from being built.

I don't have a 8.0 machine up to see if they build for me on 8.0.

--Phil