Re: Permanent fix for vim?

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 02:44:43PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > > /usr/bin/env  /usr/sbin/pkg_add -K /var/db/pkg -U -D
 > > /usr/pkgsrc/editors/vim-share/work/.packages/vim-share-8.1.0061.tgz
 > > pkg_add: Can't open +CONTENTS of depending package vim-8.0.1772
 > > pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
 > > *** Error code 1
 > >
 > > This has been broken forever. "pkg_admin rebuild" makes it happy. Does
 > > anyone know enough about what's going on to suggest a fix?
 >
 > You say "has been broken forever", but I am not sure what it is.

The problem is that after updating vim, both the old and new versions
of vim end up listed in /var/db/pkg/vim-share-*/+REQUIRED_BY. This
happens consistently now (the last several times I've updated vim I've
had to edit the file to remove the nonexistent version) but I haven't
gotten around to sorting out why.

Based on the last one I did (still in my shell history) which also
left the extra version behind, you should be able to replicate it by
installing vim-share and vim, waiting for the next version change,
then doing

   % (cd editors/vim-share && make && make replace && make clean)
   % (cd editors/vim && make update)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost